Friday, June 16, 2017

Congo Brazzaville: Congolese women


I began this chapter with a focus on Congolese women by decrying them, not because I have a particular biased toward them, simply because I love them. My take on Congolese women, especially those within the age bracket earlier mentioned and which would be mentioned below with greater details has driven me to a dire conclusion. For in any society and family that have disproportionate number of young women, who are not hardworking and equally not ambitious, then, there is no hope or no bright future. It is sadly what I foresee in Congo, if the current system prolongs its stay in power.  The latter said, Congolese young women could be ranked among the most beautiful women on the continent. But behind those beauties, which won’t be complete without it inherent caprices, hides these strange observations that I have made during my stay in the country: lazy, mercantile and adulterous. However, I must point out that, my observations on Congolese women, especially the young of the age bracket earlier mentioned, is a wide net that I have cast and as such, it must not to be considered as reflective or representative of entire Congolese women. This section is not meant to nurture unnecessary prejudice on a group, who like any other, is not uniform in it behaviors and composition. And like anywhere in the world, the Congolese young woman is multiple in her conduct and character.


To make things simple, like their men, there are good as well as bad women in Congo.  Very beautiful and as well as ugly women, however, I have found out that, Congolese women born in the 50s, 60s are harder workers than the younger generation. Furthermore, Congolese women born in the 50s, 60s are also more independent minded than those born in the late 70s or early 80s and not to talk about those born in the early 90s who are arguably, the laziest. This is another Congolese paradox that, I have been unable to come up with a founded reason to justify or defend. My only answer has been to attribute it to the corrupt old political leadership, who are drunk with excessive oil wealth, which they use to destroy younger generation: male and female. I have attempted to give or paint what Congolese elite, in chief males molded in the mould of the ruling PCT party considers as success. This time around in spite the above, I am also going attempt to paint what a certain crop of Congolese women do consider as success. However, you have to bear in mind that, these ones are those who have already been destroyed by the ruling PCT party’s way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment